Saturday, May 21, 2011

Urban Grill 9510 S. Eastern Grill Henderson, NV

Little sign, bid sign feud
  
 
The yummiest burger ever!









Urban Grill officially opened on May 14, 2011.  I knew this because I saw a small yellow sign on my way to work.  The next day, there was another larger sign hung up by the little yellow sign so I got the hint the place was open.  I wonder if the person that order the little sign got fired!  Urban Grill was the White Chocolate Grill, which was then the Black Pepper Grill.  I guess only time will tell if the unlucky part was the color, or the Grill.  I had to look at the menu before we went of course to ensure it was Edgy approved.  The menu was short and a little pricey so I was hesitant, but we checked it out.  The interior of the restaurant is very chic; dark woods and carved out booths.  There is a private dining area with an outdoor patio.  I guess you can't sit outside if you don't rent the private dining room.  The bar is inviting with high ceilings (but doesn't offer an extensive drink menu).   They also had a few specials, a meat special (veal shank), a fish special (shrimp diavlo), and a soup of the day (minestrone).  Ed decided on the buttermilk fried chicken with andouille sauce and mashed potatoes, my mom had the halibut, and my dad got the minestrone.  I had absolutely no idea what to order and on the waiter's suggestion I ordered the burger.  I have to admit, typically the burger would be the last thing ever that I would decide to order, but I thought; what the hell?  The wait for our food was slow, but we didn't much mind because the waiter was super nice about it, and we knew the restaurant was brand new.  We could also see everything that was going on in the open kitchen.  The food was worth the wait.  The burger was slathered in cheese, bacon, avocado, mushrooms, truffle oil and crispy onions, and the fries were no laughing matter either!  Ed's fried chicken was good, but the mashed potatoes were watery and tasted like they were out of a box.  I am not a very good chef, but how do you make an amazing burger, and mess up the  mashed potatoes?  There was a special surprise though; andouislle sausage in the mashed potatoes, which were spicy and tasty.  My 
Tasty chicken and pasty potatoes
mom loved the halibut (since my overdose on halibut, I am no longer tasting halibut for confirmation of its goodness) and since my dad has been sick, hence the soup only, I did not dare to try his.  The total bill with 3entrees, soup and 2 beers was $82.00
Ambiance-9
Food quality: 8
Price: 3
Price for quality of food: 7
Overall: 8
I am not sure if we need to go back, but worth a try!




1 comment: