Saturday, April 23, 2011

Shakespeare's Pub 790 Coronado Center Dr. Henderson, NV

dart boards and golden tee; where's the shuffle board?
Ed and I ventured into Shakespeare's on a Friday night.  I admit, I looked at the menu before we went (have to decide whether if it is "Ed"ible) and I was a bit concerned.  For an English pub (not that English food is any better), the menu is Irish.  The tag line inside the restaurant is "A pub with and Englishman's name owned by an Irishman".  But it was good Friday and they had and fish and chips on the menu for me and a burger for Ed.   For reference, Shakespeare's is the old Stadium Grill. The restaurant also has an outdoor patio, which can be tough to find in Henderson.


We walk in, and I am very pleasantly surprised.  The decor is very Irish pub, but there is a pool table, golden tee, and 2 dart boards. 

Ed, the Arrogant Bastard.  I mean, Ed and the Arrogant Bastard.

 If anyone in Las Vegas would catch on to shuffle board, I would blow every paycheck on this place!  The crowd was mostly older Anthem residents, and some families, also a surprise.  We sat down at 6:50 pm, and the waiter informed us until 7:00 pm was happy hour that included $2 bud lights, $2 miller lights as well as $2 sliders, $2 chips (see below) and $2 fish tacos.  To Ed's chagrin, Arrogant Bastard Ale was also on the menu.   Ed had the sliders ($2 a slider) and I had the fish tacos ($2 a taco).  Usually I am not ordering fish tacos from an Irish pub, but for $6, I couldn't refuse.  My fish tacos were pretty good!  They used the filleted fish that they  use for fish and chips, so it was beer battered and tasty.  The salsa was good, and it was layered with cabbage, cheese and tartar sauce.  Ed's sliders arrived (plain of course) and were a little well done, but on really tasty buns.  We both ordered 3 and neither of us finished.  The chips ended up being
Sliders, chips, the arrogant bastard and the beer
 fries  (ok yes I did not pick up on that) and they were really thick and seasoned.  Our total bill for 3 beers and 2 meals was about $25!  They also have a table with Guinness and Harp taps in the table, and you can pour your own beer; pretty sweet.  Finally, they have trivia nights on Wednesday, that I am sure we will be frequenting soon.  By the way, the happy hour less the food starts up again at 10:00 pm every day.  The restaurant does get one knock against it, slow service. 
Ambiance: 7
Food quality: 7
Price: 7 (non happy hour items are $14-$20)
Price for quality of food: 9 (during happy hour)
My Irish Fish Tacos
Overall: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment